Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Big Three

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Over the next few days I will be posting and Article of Faith (a key point of our gospel) and then breaking it down to what it means. 

We believe in God the Eternal Father, and in His son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost. 
This basically means that we believe the Godhead are three separate beings: Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. Heavenly Father created us. Jesus Christ lived a perfect life so that he can suffer for our sins, die, and then live again that we may live again also. The Holy Ghost is the messenger from our Heavenly Father. He warns, prompts, inspires, and comforts us. The Holy Ghost tell us what we need to know in response to our asking. In the scriptures, you'll oftentimes see Jesus saying, "the Father is in me and we are one", but this just means that they are one in purpose. What is that purpose? To bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man (Moses 1:39). 

I know and love my Heavenly Father, who lives and love me too more than I can possibly imagine. I am grateful for my Savior and his sacrifice. I have felt the promptings of the Holy Ghost and I know they are from God. I leave these things with you in the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment