Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Where is Your Focus?

My whole Sunday seemed top have a theme. In Sacrament meeting the thing that stood out the most was, "Do we see the world and people as they really are/how Christ sees them?" and n Relief Society our lesson was on "Centering our Lives on Christ". It was beautiful and the questions that were asked were inspiring and very thought provoking. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/10/the-joy-of-living-a-christ-centered-life?lang=eng Y'all need to check it out and ask yourselves these questions: Do I see people how Christ would see them? What have I given to center my life on Christ?
A story I found very profound was one the teacher gave before she opened up for discussion with questions:
She was Christmas shopping and the cashier asked her if she was finshed christmas shopping. She said no, she had only begun. The cashier told her that in his family they don't give gifts. It began when his family was struggling for money and couldn't afford gifts for his entire extedned family. They first objected to not sending gifts, but eventually everyone relented. As Christmas time came around, everyone enjoyed Christmas more, and there wasn't any feeling of competition at all. It was wonderful. He said they had a more Christ centered Christmnas than they had in a very long time.
I'll leave you with this question, how can you best center your life on Christ in this coming New Year?
I testify to you that as we serve Him and His children we will be blessed, guaranteed and we will be happier. It might seem like a sacrifice but He already gave the biggest sacrifice, I'm sure that we can give Him something. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment