Monday, February 29, 2016

God has Good Timing

Lately I've been reading in the book of Mosiah as part of my personal study. I read Mosiah 23-24 this morning and it is about how Alma (a prophet and recent convert to Jesus Christ and refugee leader because the king of his city kicked him and the other Christians out) had found a land where everything was fine and peaceful. They built a city and were relatively happy. And then there was an army that came and conquered them and made life very hard for Alma and his people. They prayed and prayed for help. Alma received word from the Lord and the Lord promised He would make their burdens light as they relied on Him. The people continued to pray and maintain hope in the Lord. A few days after Alma received this first revelation, he received another that the Lord would help his people escape that night. They did and as the left the city and were fleeing the army that had originally conquered them, they made it to a safe city with a kind and wise king.

I love this story because it shows how obedient these people are and how much they trusted God. We don't know God's timing and we don't know the purpose of many of the trials we go through. Every transfer is hard in some way, and they always seem to fall apart and come together at the beginning of each transfer. I know that the Lord is going to pour out the windows of heaven in the next couple of weeks and I know that the gospel is true. As we rely on Jesus Christ and his atonement, we have strength and hope. We are able to get through the day when it is hard. He loves us so much and I am so grateful to know and love Him too. I know that He lives and because He lives I will too. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment