Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Women and Men

There were societies (I'm going to use Egypt in my first example) where women were treated as equals. Women could own property and do all the same thing men could. Does that mean they did them? Hardly. Women CHOSE to raise families and get married. Women were treated as equals in that they had a job just as important as a man's. The future of the Egyptian empire was resting on the shoulders of the women. 

My other example is Sparta. Sparta was a matriarchal society. Sparta had equal rights, and women took up most of the work force because the men were expected to serve in the army till the age of thirty. BUT babies were thrown to the wolves if they were considered imperfect in any way, shape, or form (which is abortion at its finest). This extreme form of feminism became destructive to the point where Sparta practically ate itself. Egypt only fell to a greater power (Rome).

The opportunity to work has been offered, and most women chose to decline the higher paying jobs for the very reason that we may just not want have those professions. I know that I will be in school attaining my doctorate long after I get married and have children. I WANT to raise a family, a career can wait until my youngest is in middle school. I will have a job that is just as important (if not more) than going out and earning an income. I will be preparing citizens of America to go out into the world.

I am a proud member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I believe that it is a woman's sacred duty to raise God's beloved children in love and prepare for life outside the home. I do believe that women can do as they wish and can have a career. I plan on having one. My family will come first. I do not believe that women should have the priesthood. 

Women have the power to create physical bodies for God's beloved children. Men hold the priesthood. It's just that simple. We each have our own job in what we are to do in this life and the next. God created us different, he meant to. We all have one purpose and goal, and that is "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man".

I bear my testimony that each of us have our own divine roles and that neither gender is greater or grander than than the other. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment