Friday, August 28, 2015

Nearly ready to go!

Today I was able to go help with the luncheon for the missionaries for a training of some sort. It was wonderful being able to serve with my fellow ward members and then see my favorite sister missionaries (those wonderful young ladies hug attacked me:) ). We worked very hard to serve the food and keep everything flowing. When we were finished with serving the food, I was able to go over and eat and spend time with the missionaries. It was fun, I enjoyed being able to meet some other sister missionaries and seeing Brother and Sister Hill again. Then when we finished cleaning up, they sang Called to Serve for us and it was powerful. It was in that moment I saw a bit of Zion, "one heart and one mind." It was beautiful. A group of people ages 18-25, and for 18 months to two years they are united with one purpose: serving the Lord's people by sharing his gospel. I look forward to being a part of this glorious cause. My wanderlust is boiling over. I am nearly ready to go. Just two months! I bear my testimony to you that I know that Christ lives, and loves me. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ has God's restored gospel. I know that as we serve our fellow man, we will be blessed. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment