Friday, October 30, 2015

Scary Deadlines

Here are a few statements I would like to make about my mission: I am scared,scratch that, I am terrified, I will miss my boyfriend, I will miss my family, I will miss my friends, I do feel inadequate, I feel a little overwhelmed by how much has fallen into place and how much I still feel crazy nervous, BUT this is the right decision for me. I felt the call to serve when I was 16 and the missionary age change was announced. It grew and grew until it was questioned this last winter. I realized I didn't absolutely have to serve a mission, but it was up to me and I knew I would be blessed for it. Then it rekindled stronger than before. It grew as I began filling out my paperwork. It grew ever bigger as I submitted my papers. Finally my call to serve in the Washington Seattle Mission came. It was an amazing and terrifying experience. Since I've come home I've had so many things fall into place for during and after my mission. My life is definitely not how I envisioned it. It is beautiful though. I will be dedicating my life to the service of my God and his children for the next 18 months starting in four days. Only four days! 

I will compare this to a seed as in Alma 32:28-43. It started small, but as I nourished my testimony of my call to serve, it grew and grew. It was good. It felt good. I had a purpose. It became a beautiful tree. I will continue to nourish it so that the fruit of my laboratory will be sweet. I will be the best missionary I can be, despite seasonal affective disorder, despite social anxiety, despite any trial I may come across.

I testify to y'all that I know that I can do all things through Christ, who strengtheneth me. I share these things with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment