Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Temple Dresses and Talents

At the beginning of the summer my aunt gave me her first temple dress, and it was near perfect. The length and the waist were absolutely perfect. The only problem was that the bust was a size too big. I thought this shouldn't be an issue because I could just take it in on the sides, right? The end of my stay in Utah came and I really began to look at this dress not long before I flew home. I began to understand that this dress would be a bit more of a project than I originally thought. I discovered I couldn't just take it in on the sides, I would have to take it in on every seam because it was a size bigger (funny right?). 

One day I decided to take it on. I took apart the top and took in the seam allowance by half an inch. I ironed, clipped, sewed, grunted with frustration, seam ripped, sewed again, and so on till I finally got it. I did it! I tailored my first dress! It is beautiful and I am grateful that I will have a temple dress for the next few years. 

I have a testimony that we have talents for specific reasons. My sewing talent saved me at least forty dollars that I don't have right now. My Heavenly Father has a plan for me and I am grateful that he loves me enough to share with me such a beautiful talent. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment