Tuesday, August 15, 2017

God's Timing

Soooooo I'm so sorry this hasn't been kept up as it should be... I will try to do better, I promise.


So this week I was able to get fully registered for school (stupid high school), got my books, and today I started my classes. I'm so excited! All of my classes are mostly online (there are two that are online but also meet 4 times this semester). I am able to work on school work while I'm at work if I'm not busy with a customer and everything seems to be going great! I spent half of Saturday helping a member of my branch get started working on her family history. It was so cool because she was in the foster care system so she doesn't know a ton about her biological parents besides when they were born and when they died. But her brothers (all active members of the church) have done some family history so we had some stuff to work with. We found out that many of her ancestors served in the Civil and Revolutionary Wars! They came over while our country was still being colonized and that was so neat! How cool to know that your ancestors helped set up the foundation of our country! (Haha mine just came over and saw the east coast and went, "Hmm this is nice, whelp, bye!" And then went west).

I really truly love it here in Carthage and am so grateful for God's timing. I asked my dad yesterday for a back to school blessing. In my blessing, I was told over and over that the major I have chosen is the one that God wants for me. I will help many people that can't help themselves and that whatever obstacles come up they are not from the Lord for He needs me in this path. I know that I am doing the right thing by pursuing a degree in early childhood education in preparation to get my degree in special education. I know that the Lord has a plan for each of us in this life. If we but follow him and seek him out in prayer and fasting, we will receive answers. I leave these things with y'all in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment