Monday, November 17, 2014

Prayers and Running

I love my body. I just got back from a run where it was hard but absolutely glorious at the same time. I started this school year with no running since May, so I had to start my training all over again. I surprisingly found it hard to get back into it. I thought I could just springboard into running and it'll be ok. I was wrong. I was running in worn out shoes, I hadn't run in months, and I hadn't had very good running habits in the spring. 

After a few weeks everything started to smooth out. I was running on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I was doing yard work on Saturdays and I did some yoga on Thursdays. I had a good routine going. Then it started to get cold. I don't like the cold, at all, under any circumstances. I slacked off a little when it came to running. I would wait to go running till Tuesday, which set me up for failure because I knew I wouldn't go running on Saturday. I slacked off because it got hard. 

This can very much correlate to my scripture study. I read cover to cover for seminary, and I did again for the Doctrine and Covenants and Book of Mormon this summer. Almost immediately when I came I was out of my rhythm, I fell short in my daily scripture study and prayer. 

This week will be different. I plan on tomorrow jumping rope, running again on Wednesday, yoga on Thursday, running on Friday, and then doing an upper body workout on Saturday. I have now also been praying and listening to my scriptures in the car every school day, and at odd times (whenever I can get it in) on the weekends.

I am so grateful for my strong powerful legs. They are beautiful and I love how when I run I feel like I'm flying. They are a gift from God, and He wants me to run and be the best I can be.

I am so grateful for prayer. It is a glorious blessing to be able to communicate with my God every day, no matter the hour or circumstance. His scriptures are His word, and I love them (thank you Sister Cogdell and Sister Wright :) ). Our souls are our bodies and spirits, and when we take care of both we are stronger and able to serve better and more fully. I leave these things with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment