Friday, May 1, 2015

You are Always in the Mission Field

Today I was running an errand when I came across this sign:
 
It reads, "You are now entering the mission field." This does not belong to my church, but I found that it struck me more than it should have. In my angst in preparation for serving a mission, thinking about places I'd love to serve, cute fun clothes and shoes to wear, I've somewhat forgotten something: where you serve does not matter, what matters is how you serve. Being a missionary will be an amazing experience whether I serve in Austria or Oklahoma. (Although Austria would definitely warrant some dancing and singing on some green hills).

It also makes me think of the fact that the moment you leave church, you are entering the mission field. There is someone out there who has questions that need answers, someone who need love, someone who needs a friend like you to introduce them to the gospel. Maybe it's an inactive member, maybe it's a nonmember, maybe it's an active member who needs some service. There is someone who needs you and perhaps your testimony can rekindle their flame of faith. 

I bear my testimony to you that I know that God directs his apostles to send the missionaries wherever they need to go, and wherever they are needed. I know that missionary work is important. I know that Christ lives. I leave these things with y'all in the name of Jesus Christ amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment