Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Reapeth in Joy

"Turn again our captivity, O Lord, as the streams in the south. They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him." (Psalm 126:4-6) 

This relates very much to a previous study I has a few days ago, where it came to me again that the Lord will always provide a way out, he never only hounds us with trials, and they don't last forever. But it also reminds me of the song "My Kindness Shall Not Depart from Thee." It's a beautiful song quoting verses from Isaiah and the Doctrine and Covenants. How even when the Lord allows us to experience trials, he doesn't leave us, and he will deliver us from trials eventually in his timing.

It actually reminds me a lot of one of the poems I recently wrote titled, "Never Left Alone." It says, 
"Despite how hard this week has been,
The depression,
The anger,
The confusion,
And the feeling of being utterly lost. 
Despite all these things,
I know that I will never be left by someone. 
Someone who will always stand beside me,
Despite how much I want to run from Him,
He will always come when I call. 
He can help heal every heartache I have,
Provide the balm of Gilead on any wound,
And give the strength through grace to get through the day. 
I know that my pain isn't gone,
But I look back on this week and I see how He has been with me each day.
Every day I was with someone who was there to listen,
People placed in my path to listen, comfort and guide me. 
My boss,
My best friend,
My dear friends from church,
One of my youth leaders from growing up,
My parents,
My branch president and his wife.
I was never left alone. 
And even when I was technically alone,
The Lord was with me. 
I might have given in to some negative angry thoughts,
But He still loves me and wants to help me. 
As I strive to improve and heal,
He'll be able to give me more and more strength,
Freely."

I love this verse in Psalms because currently I'm going through a lot emotionally. I have a lot of stress and I have had a lot of negative thoughts that I'm not proud of. But I know that the Lord is watching over me and will help heal me as I continue to turn to him. I leave these things with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

1 comment:

  1. (Y'all can check out the rest of my poetry at http://my.w.tt/UiNb/lfFfvpxynG)

    ReplyDelete