Monday, August 18, 2014

Home at last, but onwards and upwards

These past couple of weeks have been insane. I flew back on a red-eye flight to Notth Carolina (with something wrong with my stomach, so no sleep and I felt like I was going to puke). My mom and my sisters met me at the airport.

I was home for two and a half days before I felt truly at home, I felt at home at church. I love my ward, I loved being able to come home to all of my friends, my wonderful ward family. The ward in Tropic was lovely, but I love the ward that I grew up in. I am a military brat, so I grew older in a lot of different places. Fayetteville Third Ward is where I grew up, I grew into the young adult I am becoming. This summer was fantastic, and it was such an adventure, I do wish I could come back to Ruby's maybe next year, but Fayetteville is my home. It is the place where I have most of my important history so far in my life.


On another note, my life has only begun. This summer at Ruby's flew by, and so will this school year. Next summer will be absolutely crazy, mostly because I will be preparing to serve a mission. I have quite the adventure planned for the next few years, and I look forward to the surprises (mostly) and blessings (entirely) I have in store. "Trust in The Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways, acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path." (Proverbs 3:5-6). I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us, and if we listen to his guidance we will find our way back to him.

I bear my testimony that God has a plan for each of us. I leave these things with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment