Saturday, August 2, 2014

Service Doesn't End with Death

Yesterday, I went to the temple with my Aunt Teresa and cousin Keilani. I had brought names and I planned on being baptized and confirmed for them.

Unless a person is baptized by proper authority of the priesthood, taking upon themself the name of Christ, and then confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints with the gift of Holy Ghost, a person cannot go to spirit paradise. In the temple we are able to be baptized in behalf of  the dead so that they may go to spirit paradise also. 

While I was there I felt my family surrounding me, they were there, hugging me and thanking me as I did their work for them. I still have work for them, but it was the most amazing feeling. Their love and gratitude for allowing them to be with their Savior was overpowering. I cried with joy. 

All of my deceased relatives, I looked up their records, I knew a few of their stories, I felt like I knew them, and they knew me and I felt that. They had been waiting for me. I was able to be baptized for my great grandma, and I know who she is through the stories my dad tells me about her. Lorna Lovina Parker. I don't know if she would have been a member in this life, but I know she was grateful, I know she accepted the gospel from the spirit missionaries in the hereafter.

I am so grateful for my Aunt Teresa and cousin Keilani. They came with me and helped me with some of the ordinances that needed to be done. I am grateful I was able to share this experience with them. I am so grateful I am able to serve my family, even though they are not here with me now. I look forward to being able to more work for them, and many more. I know that Christ lives, and through His atonement all mankind may be saved, through the laws and obedience to the gospel. Family history isn't just looking up names, you are allowing your family to be with their Savior again and to be with you again. It is one of the best and most special feelings I have ever felt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment