Saturday, June 27, 2015

Gifts

This week at the campground there was a little boy with Down Syndrome in the laundry room listening to Brother Bear over and over again. Some of my coworkers groaned but didn't do anything about it. The office wasn't busy, so I went over to our half-door and said hello. He said hello and smiled and I knew he was definitely one of God's strongest spirits. I was also reminded of my mom's gift. My mom is getting her master's degree in special education, and has a gift with these children that is beautiful to watch. While I feel clumsy and awkward, my mom takes them under her wing and loves them. She is far more in tune with these precious spirits than I have ever seen. 

Everyone has gifts, and some are more obvious and some take years to develop. I am very grateful for the gifts that I have and the gifts of my mama and my daddy. My parents have helped shape me into the strong young woman I am today. 

I bear my testimony that I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true, and I know that each of us has God given gifts. As we develop our gifts we will be blessed and we will bless others. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment