Thursday, July 21, 2016

Being There for Others

On Thursday we sang "I Know that My Redeemer Lives" to practice for the fireside. Normally my favorite verse is the third verse, but this time the second verse stood out to me. "He lives to grant me rich supply. He lives to guide me with his eye. He lives to comfort me when faint. He lives to hear my soul's complaint. He lives to silence all my fears. He lives to wipe away my tears. He lives to calm my troubled heart. He lives all blessings to impart." Our choir director told us that sometimes as representatives of Jesus Christ, we do those things for other people. When Laura was practically dying she turned to us and the Lord. We comforted her and listened to her. We spoke the words the Spirit brought to mind and brought her the peace she needed to move forward. As missionaries we are there for investigators, less-active members, active members, and recent converts to the Lord's church when others aren't. I'm learning more and more about the Savior and what He does for us on an individual basis through people. I am so grateful to be His missionary. I know that my Redeemer lives. I know He's there for us. Always. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment