Friday, July 22, 2016

Fulfilling my Purpose

The last couple weeks we've been "heart-attacking" (putting cute notes, scriptures, words from hymns, etc.) on cut out hearts and taping them to doors of investigators, members, and less-actives. One evening we felt a prompting to heart-attack our investigators' door (Audrey, Todd, and Becky). Neither of us coordinated this but all of the hearts we put on their door had to do with the Savior and the Atonement (the whole song Gethsemane, Alma 7:11-12, etc.). We put them up all over their door and ran back to the car. The next morning we sent a text to Audrey asking if we were still good to visit the next day. She called us and told us that the afternoon before Becky found out that her uncle was dying and so they all took a bus to go and see him. On the way there they get the call that he had already passed and to just wait for the funeral. They came back to their apartment at 4 in the morning and saw the heart. Becky was previously sobbing uncontrollably and as soon as she saw the hearts she calmed and refused to have them taken down. Audrey had called to thank us and said she was looking forward to us coming by again. 

I was in awe of the whole situation. Sister Sand and I were speechless. It was in that moment I knew I was fulfilling my purpose as a missionary. I haven't seen any of my investigators be baptized, I haven't seen the full reactivation of a family, but I know that I am fullfilling my purpose as a missionary because I feel the Spirit testify through me and the Lord is using me to be an answer to people's prayers. I know that I am in the right place and I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know this is His only true church, where the gospel of Jesus Christ is full and without error. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment