Saturday, July 23, 2016

The Blessing of Teaching

I'm learning so much as a trainer and I'm having so much fun. It's funny as a trainer you feel like you don't have fears because you're working on helping your trainee overcome her fears. I love Sister Christensen so much. She's so dang cute and I love how much she loves teaching. It's funny because I still feel like a greenie. I still have energy and love the work. I love being a missionary! There's something I've come to learn a lot while being a trainer: you set the example for how your new missionary should act and she will follow it. She's going to take what she has learned from you and take it with her throughout her whole mission. This brings to mind the scripture in Alma 56 about the stripling warriors, "... yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them. And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it." I am so grateful for this great responsibility that the Lord has given me. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, and as we lead and teach in His way, not only will we be blessed, but those who learn from us will also be blessed. I close in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment