Wednesday, July 20, 2016

He is There for us

This week we got to share a verse of scripture with a sister in the ward who was struggling. "But behold, the Lord hath redeemed my soul from hell; I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love." (2 Nephi 1:15) In our times of trial, sometimes it is hard to see how the Lord could help us. Oftentimes the Lord won't take the trial away from us either (oftentimes much to our disappointment too). But he does listen, he can help us, he will comfort us, and he will help us through our afflictions. Much like the people in Mosiah chapter 21, they weren't immediately delivered from bondage, oftentimes we won't be either. The Lord will help us carry our burden, to teach us how to be strong. Then we will know how to help others in similar situations. I've learned a lot so far about letting the Lord carry part of my load. I understand that He needs to be the teacher and not me. I understand that it is His work that I am here to do, and not mine. I have a hard time letting people carry and know about the burdens I carry. He is teaching me more and more that I am not to carry trials alone. I can ask for help from Him. He is there for me. He is there for you! I know this to be true in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment