Sunday, April 19, 2015

Following with Faith

"And my father dwelt in a tent." (1 Nephi 2:5, http://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/1-ne/2?lang=eng)


In the Book of Mormon in the book of Nephi, Lehi was told to leave Jerusalem because it was about to be destroyed. He told his family that they had to leave and that God has a place for them to go. When Nephi was talking about when his family went to live in the wilderness before they could go to promise land, he mentions that his father lived in a tent. His father didn't leave Jerusalem to get comfortable right where the Lord told him stop and rest. He didn't build a house. A tent is mobile. He was ready for further instruction from the Lord.


It makes me think of my own family. With my dad in the military, we have moved many times. Our most successful move was from Newport News, Virginia to Fayetteville, North Carolina. We moved here and prayed to be happy. We prayed that the Lord would guide our family. We have been very happy here. Fayetteville has its issues but we have loved our friend here and many things have worked here in our favor. 


Are you ready to go where the Lord wants you to go? Or whenever you stop and rest, do you get comfortable?


I bear my testimony that I know that God lives and loves me. I trust Him because He knows what is best for me. As long as I am ready to listen, I will be led by Him where I need to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment