Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Walking with God while injured

"And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones; and shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures; and shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint. And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them. Amen." (D&C 89:18-21, http://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/89?lang=eng)


So yesterday I was jumping rope when I tripped and fell and I guess tore up the inside of my foot. Needless to say, I have the worst injury story ever. BUT I have faith that this trial shall be a blessing. The doctor said that I have already begun healing well (I went to the ER yesterday evening and went to the podiatrist today). I am grateful modern medicine, CT scans, Tylenol, Motrin, and my boot. 

I honestly believe that pain medicine is a testimony of how much God loves me. I am in a minimal amount of pain during the day, but night is the worst. The second I sat down in bed and relaxed my foot started to throb and within seconds I was screaming. I prayed for the medicine to kick in faster. I prayed and prayed and I loosened the ace bandage (it was super tight) and within minutes I noticed a difference.

I have felt utterly useless since my fall yesterday (honestly, I sound like an old person) but I have the best siblings on the planet. They try to help me in every way they can. I love them so much.

This is so hard, but I shall keep looking for blessings in this trial.  

I know that God loves me and that He cares about my well-being. I am grateful he gave me such wonderful siblings. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment