Saturday, April 4, 2015

Love notes from my Heavenly Father

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." (1 Nephi 3:7, http://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/1-ne/3?lang=eng)

Since I've started my mission papers, finances have been brought up lot, and I've been thinking about it a great deal. I've learned to put my trust in the Lord a lot recently so I've figured that I should trust Him with this too. Yesterday morning I was thinking about how far my Pell Grant money will go after I buy my plane ticket to fly out to Utah for the summer. I was saying my prayers when I was thinking about this and I asked for the help to be able to make it to when I start working again. Today when I was  gathering my cash to pay my tithing, I was digging through my wallet when I found an additional twenty dollar bill. I counted again. I was supposed to have forty dollars and some change, no way was I supposed to have sixty. I was in shock. I kept checking my budgeting app because I don't have that income in there. My only conclusion was that it came because my Heavenly Father is watching over me. 

Elementary school through high school, my mom would leave little "love notes" in my lunchbox when she made my lunch. They would include cute little sayings or a simple "I love you." From eighth grade up this became very rare because I made my own lunch. But whenever I was running late and my mom packed my lunch for me (that woman is an angel), I could always count on that note. 

That twenty dollar bill is like one of Heavenly Father's notes for me. When I need Him (which is all the time) I can always count on Him.

Maybe it's been in my wallet for a long time. Maybe I just didn't log it into my budgeting app. Maybe I'm just crazy. I don't think so. 

I have a testimony that God loves me and has a plan for me. No matter what I face, He has got my back and will support me as long as I follow His commandments. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful experience! Isn't it amazing how Heavenly Father can speak to us in such simple, yet specific and profound ways? Thank you for sharing!

    Hugs!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm discovering tender mercies every day and as I notice them I seem to get more! It's a funny cycle but it is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete