Saturday, March 21, 2015

Adventure soon awaits

"It may not be on the mountain height Or over the stormy sea, It may not be at the battle’s front My Lord will have need of me. But if, by a still, small voice he calls To paths that I do not know, I’ll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine: I’ll go where you want me to go. I’ll go where you want me to go, dear Lord, Over mountain or plain or sea; I’ll say what you want me to say, dear Lord; I’ll be what you want me to be.

"Perhaps today there are loving words Which Jesus would have me speak; There may be now in the paths of sin Some wand’rer whom I should seek. O Savior, if thou wilt be my guide, Tho dark and rugged the way, My voice shall echo the message sweet: I’ll say what you want me to say. I’ll go where you want me to go, dear Lord, Over mountain or plain or sea; I’ll say what you want me to say, dear Lord; I’ll be what you want me to be.

"There’s surely somewhere a lowly place In earth’s harvest fields so wide Where I may labor through life’s short day For Jesus, the Crucified. So trusting my all to thy tender care, And knowing thou lovest me, I’ll do thy will with a heart sincere: I’ll be what you want me to be. I’ll go where you want me to go, dear Lord, Over mountain or plain or sea; I’ll say what you want me to say, dear Lord; I’ll be what you want me to be."
(I’ll Go Where You Want Me to Go, http://www.lds.org/manual/hymns/ill-go-where-you-want-me-to-go?lang=eng)

I remember when I first felt the call to serve a mission. It was almost three years ago. It was when the age change for missionaries was announced. I knew right then that I needed to serve a mission. The feeling grew as I pondered and prayed about it. 

Fast forward to now :). I have begun my mission papers, and less than two months from submitting them. The excitement and small amount of fear I feel is like nothing I've ever felt. I'll be going somewhere I've never been, thrown into something I've never done, with no contact with home except through email, letters, one phone call a year, and one Skype call a year, and an immense amount of walking. I won't even know where I'm going until after I submit all of my papers. Doesn't that just sound like an adventure?!

I know that my Redeemer lives and I know that I am meant to share that others. I bear to you my testimony that our missionaries are called of God to serve Him and His people. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment