Saturday, March 7, 2015

No ordinary people

"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." (C. S. Lewis). "For behold, it is my work and my glory -- to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." (Moses 1:39)

My favorite part of my western civilizations class (and ironically my world civilizations class, haha I have the same professor so it's like a rerun of last semester) is the part of the Greek section where we discuss humanism. Humanism is the idea that every person is capable of logic. It is the most hopeful view of the world up until that point in time. In psychology, humanism is the idea that everyone has potential to do good and make their own choices. It is the only hopeful psychology viewpoint in the main ones discussed.

Every individual is important. I believe that God lovingly created each an every one of us, and each of us has the potential to do great things, in this life and the next. When we meet someone we never meet just a "someone", we meet a spiritual brother or sister who God has a plan for. He knows, loves, and watches over all of us. When we remember this, it is always easier for us to love those around us. We are meant to become like Him, so we must love and be kind. 

I bare to you my testimony that I know that God loves me and that when we love others we feel closer to Him. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment