Monday, March 2, 2015

Let your light so shine

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:14-16) "Therefore, hold up your light that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up--that which ye have seen me do. Behold ye see that I have prayed unto the Father, and ye all have witnessed." (3 Nephi 18:24). 

Sometimes bearing our testimony is hard. Sometimes we think we'll be judged for our simple testimonies. Sometimes we think our testimony isn't good enough to be shared. But what do you do with a lit candle? Do you hide it away? Do you put it in a closet so only you can see it? No! You put it somewhere it can be used. Same goes for our testimonies of the gospel. Share it as often as you can, and it will grow. Guaranteed. 

This Sunday one of my dear little activity day girls bore her testimony. I totally teared up. It was beautiful. Such a simple love for Christ. I was so proud. It just goes to show that these girls are the spiritual giants we need in this world. (I love my calling). 

I bear to you my testimony that Christ lives, and that sharing our testimonies of Him we will grow stronger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment