Saturday, March 21, 2015

Never lost

A couple weeks ago I was doing some family history work on familysearch and ancestry when I came across a census record with one of my ancestors on it. I was doing research on the Shilling side of my family (one of these days y'all will get a image of my family tree). I was just doing research based on the records and stuff my grandma gave me for my birthday (best birthday present ever), and for the longest time I couldn't find John Shilling's parents. But I found them! I found his brothers and sisters too! These were not on the map my grandma gave me, so I did a little digging and I do believe that I've found his parents. What joy!

This reminds me that even when we think we are lost in a world of 7 billion people, God always has a hand in our lives. Even when we are long dead and buried, we can still be found and loved by someone. John Shillinger is not lost, but found. I look forward to doing his family's work and finding the rest of that branch of the family. I bear to you my testimony that I know that God lives, loves each one of us so much, and wants us to be together with our families forever. I say these things in the name of Jesus Chrsit, amen.   

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful testimony, Lyssa! Isn't the joy that comes from doing family history amazing? Thanks for sharing your experience! I think I'm going to have to go work on some family history now. :)

    Hugs!
    Sarah
    http://sprinklesonmyicecream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I love it. Yesterday in Activity Days we did an activity on indexing. While some of the girls did not enjoy it, several of them did. It is a great intro to family history, and it is something that is very important to me. I'm glad that my testimony has inspired you to do some family history! :D

    ReplyDelete