Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I'll be what you want me to be

Callings aren't going to be easy, not in any way, shape, or form. I got back from Utah after this summer, and I got a calling two weeks later. Activity Days leader. I admit, this calling is extraordinarily stressful, the girls are loud, they talk far too much, and the list could go on and on. BUT it's so worth it.

I pray about each activity, read through the booklet again (I should seriously be able to recite it by the time I'm released), look into some ideas, pray some more, pick an activity, and then set about gathering supplies and planning the entire activity. Sometimes I don't get the activity done within the given time period, and sometimes it's over too quickly. But I can tell you that I love those girls and I love my calling. It is such a blessing to my life. Haha it's definitely the perfect calling for someone with ADD, those girls always keep me on my toes and I love it.


This (the temple blocks) was our activity tonight. I felt prompted to do a lesson on temples but I had no idea how I would go about doing that. My sister (in my activity days group) is on Pinterest and she sent me a few ideas. I really loved the temple blocks. So looked into it and determined the supplies I would need. I went to Home Depot and after acting clueless (which I was) and asking questions I finally got to look at the wood I would need. I got the plank of wood cut up, bought the art supplies from Walmart, and went home to write up my lesson plan. This all took about a week to plan. The activity went very well tonight, if a little hectic (as always though). 

I bear to you my testimony that callings are always given for one reason or another, and that they will always bless your life when you put the proper work and faith into it. Just like the hymn, "I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord, over mountain or plain or sea. I'll answer dear Lord, with my hand in thine, I'll be what you want me to be." Our callings are exactly that, what He wants us to be. I leave these things with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment