Monday, March 16, 2015

To ad or not to ad?

So the other day I had this idea that I could make money off of my blog in addition to sharing my testimony (I blame Pinterest for half of these hair-brained ideas). At first I was absolutely horrified at the thought. My blog is for casual use and is in no way commercial. However, as I have thought about how I will help pay for my mission, the small amount of income that I could receive from my blog could be a blessing. But there are blogs that I very much enjoy because there aren't any ads. I don't know very much about Adsense and Google, but I think I should be able to control which ads can go on my blog if I do put them here.

The point of this post is to ask you guys, my wonderful readers, if you guys would care if I had ads on here. Please, comment, message, google hangout chat thingy, Pinterest message/comment, email, whatever. I want to know what you guys think. I'll put a survey on here, but you can still contact me with your vote. Thank you so much you guys :). I think I'll be happy either way, the extra income would be awesome but this blog is mostly for you people.

Update: I made the decision to put ads on my blog in March, but so far I have only earned about $0.25. Google only pays me once my revenue reaches $10. I would like to know what you (my lovely readers) think: should I keep the ads up since they don't get in the way, or should I take them off?

No comments:

Post a Comment