Saturday, February 28, 2015

A two-edged sword

"Behold, I am God; give heed unto my word, which is quick and powerful, sharper than a two-edged sword, to the dividing asunder of both joints and marrow; therefore give heed unto my words." (D&C 6:2, http://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/6?lang=eng)

This is said at least five times in the beginning of the Doctrine and Covenants. It was said to the early saints to remind them that God was in charge, and when they followed His commandments they would be blessed. This is no less true now than then. Sometimes we think that we've got everything together, but we would be very wrong. It's only when we realize that we don't have all our ducks in a row that He really is in charge. We can't fight God, we would never win. I bear to you my testimony that I know that God's word might be sharp, but it is true. In the name of Jesus Chrsit, amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment