Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Talents

I've been watching these videos for ceramics as these people make their crafts, their pots, cups, vases, and other things. As I watch these artists I'm noticing something very interesting and rather humbling. Many other forms of art are aloud like music and theatre. But ceramics is silent. Watching these artists create has given me a different perspective of art, at least in certain aspects: creating, for the artist, is very spiritual. I am beginning to understand how intense their love is for their craft. When Jesus gave the parable of the talents, he was talking about literal talents as well as other things. As we develop our talents, we eventually become more in touch and in tune with our Heavenly Father. It is a strange and wonderful experience that I have gotten to know a little bit because of my sewing and somewhat for writing. God gave us talents to use them and develop them, and as we do so we will grow closer to Him. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment