Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Throwing baby steps

Recently I've been trying to make myself more receptive to the Spirit. I had a prompting that I shouldn't go eat in the cafe for lunch. This sounded so bizarre at first because I thought that I had great friends in there and it had a microwave (I bring my lunch). Turns out all of my good friends that ate in there first semester, now have class while I have a break in between classes. This was ok for a while because I still knew people. I began to realize that the cafe wasn't very conducive to the Spirit. It was loud and there was a lot of cursing and really really inappropriate conversations/situations that I did not want to be a part of. I had no idea where I could go to eat lunch though. 

One day in ceramics I knew I wasn't going to be finished with a project we were working on. The ceramics studio is open all the time so we can work on our projects outside of class too. I decided to stay after and work on my project instead of going to eat in the cafe. (I did eat lunch, I just mostly focused on my work). There are some people from the advanced classes who also come, but mostly I keep to myself. A couple of weeks have passed and I've been in the studio every single lunch break since then. I love the studio because it's so peaceful and quiet and I do a lot of thinking while I'm throwing (making things on the wheel). This has helped me so much with feeling the Spirit (and throwing is much fun, like oh my goodness). It is a baby step towards being closer to building a strong testimony, but that's how our testimonies grow, in baby steps. I bear to you my testimony that if we do our best to surround ourselves with good things we will feel the Spirit and grow closer to God. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment