Saturday, February 7, 2015

Charity

I was actually a pretty bitter and angry teenager for a long while. I was not nice and I just thought it was honesty. It started in 11th grade when I started to become nicer and more considerate of others very very slowly, but really it started my senior year when my seminary teacher gave our class a motto, Moroni 7:45-48. I thought it was meant for some of the other students in my class, but I came to realize that it was for me. I began to take it to heart and I tried to love those around me more.

I still struggle with pride, but it's easier to be kind and have charity towards those around us when we try and think good things about them. Today I heard something very profound: be kind to those around you, even if they are mean, because a lot of the time they do not know kindness because they aren't taught it at home. This is a great quote on charity in my opinion. When others do not know the pure love of Christ, but we do, we should show them. Sometimes the pure love of Christ is tough love and love from afar, but sometimes it's a hug or listening or even just speaking softly towards someone. I admit, I am not perfect, and I still struggle with this, but it's come a lot easier and if I work on it I can develop charity more and more. 

I testify that Jesus Christ lives, and loves me, and each and every one of you. If we work to love our brothers and sisters, friends and neighbors, enemies and family, then we will become more and more like Chrsit. I believe this with all of my heart. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment