Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Cause You Know She's All About that Grace

"A powerful expression of that love is what the scriptures often call the grace of God—the divine assistance and endowment of strength by which we grow from the flawed and limited beings we are now into exalted beings of 'truth and light, until [we are]glorified in truth and [know] all things.'" (The Gift of Grace by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf).

Yesterday in Institute (like Bible study for young adults) we were talking a lot about grace. One of the main things grace can do for us is magnify our abilities, gives us strength, hope, and allows us a greater ability to empathize with others. I feel like I am gaining more and more respect for my mother every day. Through the entire lesson all that I could think of was my mom. She is an amazing woman who has done so much for our family. It takes a special kind of person to want to serve in the military, but it also takes a special kind of person to be a military-supportive spouse. My mom rose to the occasion. She is my idol. She was our strength while my dad was deployed, when he had his heart attack, when he was away at the many schools, etc. My mom is my hero. She is skilled at using the gift of grace, especially while she had to be a "single mom" while my dad was deployed.

I am so grateful for the gift of grace and my mom. She has taught me so much. I know that by grace we are saved after all we can do. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment